I think I must be just about the cruddiest person on the face of the earth. There was a baby shower for a friend at work today. It was nice... until another girl brought her 9 month old daughter in for the shower.
Sigh.
Now, obviously this baby wasn't a pretty little Ethiopian girl, but she was a baby. One about the same age as my little one. So, instead of being happy for my pregnant friend, I felt miserable. See where the cruddiness comes in?
Who is miserable (and more than slightly jealous) at a baby shower? No point in being sulky at an event whose purpose is to celebrate babies.
But sometimes it is really not fair. The lady with the baby and my pregnant friend get to be with their children from the moment of birth and before that. Whereas, my sweet baby currently is sleeping in a "transitional home" in Ethiopia, some 7000+ miles away.
Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't have it any other way... it is just sometimes really hard to be an adoptive momma. Today was one of those times.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I understand this completely. It is So. Hard. Our court date is also December 2nd. Thinking lots of good thoughts for that day.
Lindsay
ethiopiaboundexpats.blogspot.com
awww... I hope you are able to get your sweet little baby soon!
TOTALLY understand, but like you, would not change a thing. Praying for your court date...ours got pushed all the way back until December 10th. Hang in there!
Stacy
sorry for cruddy days...but they'll never get to experience WHAT it feels like to have someone place a baby in your arms from across the world...I've experienced both ways and nothing can beat that feeling of Gotcha Day!! You're so close, kj
I know what you mean. Then I start feeling bad that my kid didn't have all the love and affection she needed while in the orphanage and how unfair that is. Sigh.
Post a Comment