Ugh. Tonight we got a phone call from the "warranty department" telling me that the warranty on our van was set to expire today. First, the chick started to say the wrong vehicle, a Honda instead of a Toyota. I said, "What vehicle?" and she corrected herself.
Then she told me that they've been sending us notices in the mail that the factory warranty was going to expire, but we hadn't responded so that was why she was calling.
I said we'd received no such notices, and she started to get irritated with me. She said they'd been sending them to *the numbers of my street address* but didn't mention the street name.
Again, I asked which warranty this was, and again, she was snippy.
I said there was no way the warranty was expired. She argued that it was.
I told her we'd just bought the van 2 months ago. She said something else, and I repeated myself.
Then, abruptly, the phone disconnected.
Things like that really tick me off. Sure, I didn't fall for whatever scam she was trying to pull, but what if the next person does? It's just wrong. That woman had no right to call my home at 7pm while I'm reading to my daughter and harass me and lie to me.
What types of scams have people tried to pull on you?
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment