Photobucket

Friday, November 27, 2009

A Blue Van and a Red Van...

When did M and I get so old? Today, we went to the mall for our annual day after Thanksgiving shopping. No, we did not join all you insane people at 4:30 at Wal-mart. We eased into our shopping around 12:30, had some lunch, and then hit the mall.

M has been my best friend since we were in 5th grade and 10 years old. We've been through a lot together, from being children to graduating from HS and having children. We now both drive minivans... and I realize today how "old" we are. M is pregnant with her 4th baby, and her first will be 10 in March. We're married and have husbands we love dearly even though they drive us nuts sometimes.

However, ever since we were mere children, we've always known how to crack each other up and have a good time.

So, yeah, I'm thankful for my husband, my precious daughters, and my family. But I'm also thankful for M. As life has changed, she's always been the constant in my life and me for her. It's an amazing (and comforting) thing to know that no matter what happens, I'll always have her.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yep, I'll still be around when we're so old that we have purple hair and actually actually WANT to wear seasonal sweaters! I'm pretty sure you'll be pushing me around in a wheelchair!