Dear E,
It has been one month since I saw your face for the first time, knew your sweet name, heard your story, and longed to hold you tight. You are also nine months old today.
We are getting closer and closer to bringing you home, little one. I got new pictures of you yesterday from a dear friend who went to Ethiopia on a mission trip. She tells me looking in your eyes melted her heart. She says you're a little shy and wary of new people. She tells me you have a sweet little cry.
And the pictures. Sweet girl, I see your hair is growing, and you look bigger! You have a runny little nose, and you look a little sad especially in one of the pictures. You're sitting on your own-- big girl!-- and you like to play with little toys. I can't wait to hold your hand!
The older you get, the more the transition into our home is going to become more difficult. I'm trying to prepare myself for all this. I know that we've been waiting for you, but you haven't been waiting for us. In your short life, you've experienced more loss than most people.
Princess E, your daddy, sister, momma, and the rest of your friends and family love you so much. While I pray that in 2 weeks, you'll officially and legally be mine, I am preparing for a longer wait.
Regardless, daughter of my heart, know that whenever you do come home, that is what it will be.
Home.
Your last stop.
I love you,
Momma
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweet E. I'm so glad you and my B. baby are over there together!
Happy 9 Month Birthday!!! It won't be long now until you meet your Mommy and Daddy!
I can't wait to meet you too!!
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment