Photobucket

Friday, February 5, 2010

In Case You're Wondering...

... oh random woman at Panera. Yes, they're both adopted. No, just because they're black ("especially the little one" as you put it) does not mean they're from Haiti. And, yes, I can hear your conversation.

10 comments:

Kristi J said...

oh, you crack me up!!! kristi

annieglan said...

ahhahah Seriously?! Thank you for posting this stuff. I now know what I am in for.

titushome said...

I've had 4 people ask me if B is from Haiti and we've only been out of the house 3 times since we got home....a 5th person just assumed she was from Haiti and told me how wonderful it was that I was able to 'rescue a Haitian orphan'.

Sarah

Christie said...

we have had others ask if zek was from haiti...and i am sure many more have assumed :)

Arena Mom said...

Wow!!

The B Family said...

Again?? With all of the assumptive remarks and rude questions, I'm beginning to think you might live in the rudest city on the planet.
xoxo

mama becca said...

oh brotherrrrr......
i'm sort of bracing myself for some haiti comments. i love haiti, and i'd be glad to adopt from there if the opportunity arises... but... we already have to explain enough and get comments... oh well!
:)
b

Ron & Maria said...

oh, I feel bad about their ignorance, seriously the earthquake was what.. a month ago and they think you've gone and come back - they know nothing about RED TAPE or the red thread that connects us... just smile and set them straight... I mean, ask if they have anything they need to bring to GOd in prayer b/c as you can see, God hears and answers!
Hugs to your beauties! They are CUTE! I could squeeze them!
Maria

milreb said...

Hey, what are you doing at Panera?? Are you sneaking a coffee break into cocooning?! :) We were at the mall today. (sneaking a break from cocooning) Two people asked after seeing Bear how THEY can adopt a child from Haiti. Ah, I pray good can still come from ignorance. :)

emily v. said...

You are so funny!

Oh the comments of strangers! sometimes it's not the comments that bother me but the looks we get. I would almost rather them just come up and talk to me about it instead of us just coming to their own conclusions.

EV