Photobucket

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ethiopia Trip: Day 5: Shopping Day

Tuesday, December 29, 2009, 9:00pm


As I write this, A and T are both fast asleep. She went down pretty well, and A's feeling a little off so I'm glad. And, it is peaceful...

Today was shopping, which was pretty successful. We bought a lot in the shops as well as a painting for E's room and a smaller one for another place in the house. We bought lots of dresses and a rainbow of scarves, which was our main goal.

I think my favorite purchase this time is a small scroll with a nativity scene painted on it. I love it. It is different from anything else we bought, and I really wanted an Ethiopian nativity. This is a good second choice, and I'll get the nativity back home because I found a site that sells them.


(E and A at HH, ready for the shopping day for us and the visiting of her special mothers and friends for E. Don't you love her outfit? R had one similar that we brought to ET with us, too. It was my favorite outfit she had when she wore that size-- 3 to 6 months!)

T did not do well with being at HH and then back to us. She started crying as soon as I entered the room (hey, at least she recognized me, right?) to get her. She cried a ton when she and I went back to the hotel room. A was not with us because he and some of the other guys were helping the HH staff move the huge washer from the old HH to the new one.

The crying was awful, my poor baby girl. She did fall asleep, but she was sobbing while she slept. She was very emotional even when A got back from helping.

We were able to see some of the pictures of T and her birthmother today. Talk about emotional. A and I were both in tears. There were about 46 photos-- an amazing blessing.

Good night.

2 comments:

natali said...

I bet shopping in Ethiopia was fun! Can you barter with them?

Sparkz said...

Oh, I bet it WAS an emotional day. So hard and sad for everyone but happy too.

She looks so tiny in his arms! I remember Nati looking that small! Did you get the nativity scene back in the US?

I love the comment about the kiss you posted a few days back!