+202.jpg)
+201.jpg)
+199.jpg)
+197.jpg)
Also, two years go, A and I arrived in Addis, along with the other 2 families in our travel group. It was amazing to finally be in Ethiopia, but it was overwhelming. We were tired, and the process to get our visas and to go through customs and immigration were confusing. Finally, we managed to get out of the airport, and there were J and D, holding signs that said "{Our family Name}." It was unreal.We drove through Addis on a Sunday night, late. There were tons of people on the streets, and one person in our group asked why. I knew already-- they were homeless. At each stop of the van, children and adults swarmed our van. White people driving through the city caught every one's attention. (The begging was MUCH less our 2nd time in ET.) We got a copy of the schedule for the week and found out that we would have the chance to meet R's birthmom on Wed. We were so happy to get this news!!
We got to the hotel, checked in, and collapsed into bed. A few blocks away, our sweet R spent her last night at HH, not knowing her parents would meet her in the morning...

Above: A picture of R on our first night as a family. This one always cracks me up!

9 comments:
She is so beautiful!
You can almost see her thinking, "OMG, why are you so pale?!"
Ha!! I love the picture of little R! It made me laugh! R had soooo much hair!
Love the braids!! I want to learn to do them on B.....well, when she gets a little more hair that is
Sarah
her braids are pretty! good job.
wow. she looks like such a big girl! they grow up too fast don't they? sob sob.
she is just so beautiful Molly! I got teared up looking at the pictures of her referral and first night with you guys. such joy. what a journey.
hugs-
EV
That last picture in braids reminds me of the song "I feel pretty!" You did a reaaly nice job!
I'm super impressed. I think as the adoption gets closer, I will probably start having nightmares about messing up my daughter's hair so much that it starts falling out or something. :)
WOW Look at those eyes! She's really checking you out! I think you passed her test!
Love the braids too! They're perfect - how did you make them so neat?
Maria
Post a Comment