Photobucket

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Few Things

(This picture has nothing to do with anything, just know my posts are more interesting with a picture of the girls. Well, in this one, you get, me, too. A little dorky, but look at how cute the girls look in matching pjs. Umm, I LOVE having two little girls!)


1. Would you keep my sister-in-law and, more importantly, my niece in your prayers if you do that sort of thing? Not something I feel at liberty to go into on my blog right now, but things are not great. I am worried about my niece and the decisions my sister-in-law is currently making.

2. My mother-in-law told me yesterday that after the attempted terrorist attack on Christmas Day and the ET Air flight crashing, we are not allowed to adopt any more. She told me that two kids are enough and that we're done. I just smiled and said, "Well, what if the girls need a little brother... or two?" E's adoption is not our last one; we're already talking about when, how, who, etc. It'll be a while, but it'll happen.

3. Seriously? New Kids on the Block on a come back tour? What the heck? You know you want to sing along with me... "Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh.... hangin' tough. Listen up everybody if you wanna take a chance. Just get on the floor and do the New Kids dance..." I'm embarrassed to admit my memory of the song doesn't stop there. Who was your fav? Umm, mine? Joey, of course!

4. R has been a handful the past few days. When she does something she shouldn't (like kick baby sister in the face), I ask her why she did it. She always says, "Beee-duu," which means "Because." She doesn't actually understand how to use the word, but it is really cute. Sometimes she's say "Bee-duu Mama!" meaning that she's doing it to get my attention.

5. Ethiopian fundraiser dinner for the culture camp I am on the planning committee for is this weekend. It's supposed to snow, but I'm hoping we'll still have a good turnout. We are maxed out at about 130 people attending... I'm looking forward to it, but like all big events, I'll be glad when it is done. It is always so nice to be around families who look like mine. And it goes without saying that I'm happy about having an ET meal. Especially since the ET place closest to my house has been closed for over a month. I think it is open again now, but it is still about an hour away.

6. I'm supposed to go back to work on Feb. 17. E is not ready, and quite frankly, neither am I. Will you please pray that my work doesn't give me a hassle about extending my leave and that I'll be able to continue to use paid sick leave for the additional 2 weeks I am requesting?

Ok, that's it for tonight.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Adorable pic!

Would you believe I was never into New Kids on the Block? I only knew their songs a little and never had a "favorite."

Ron & Maria said...

What cracks me up is that people (RELATIVES) tell you what you can and can't do next.... My father in law told me if I had anymore children (this was at #2) he was moving away and we weren't going to do Tuesday night dinner anymore... needless to say that marriage was over... 7 kids later....

emily v. said...

Joey was so my favorite. I had the poster, the trading cards, all of it.
sigh.