Photobucket

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Are you their LEGAL guardian?

Yep, sure am. I'm their MOTHER.

5 comments:

missy said...

just found your blog. we're another agci family. beautiful girls!

titushome said...

REALLY?? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure??

:p

I have had several people ask what I want them to call B. Umm...Bete or Bethlehem works. No I mean do you want us to call her "Ethiopian", "Ethiopian American" or "African American" or "black" or..Ummm..In what context do you want to use these terms?? Something like - "How is your Ethiopian daughter today?" or "What has your African-American daughter been doing recently??"

Just call her Bete...I'll know which one of my daughters your talking about.

People are so funny.

Sarah

Ron & Maria said...

..... here's one... from a very close relative of mine, so I'm a little embarrassed.... This person works with a beautiful black person, (at a college in the south) and so the person I know wants to ask the black person she works with if "his people are Ethiopian" b/c he has 'ethiopian' features... like I said, she said he's beautiful...

I just said, "Why don't you ask him if he's Ethiopian?" simply put .... right?

Melissa said...

What, were you asked this at the doctor's office or something?

J-momma said...

geez. you are just being bombarded lately aren't you? i'm pretty lucky i haven't gotten a lot of comments. i guess cause my kids are lighter skinned (hispanic), it's assumed they are my bio kids and bi-racial. we do get looks (but not many questions) when we're out together as a family, my dh included. people in the northeast tend to be less friendly. they just stare and assume, they don't ask. not sure which is better cause i don't know what they're assuming.