First, baby girl had blood work done today. We got the orders on Jan. 8 and waited until we had an insurance card in hand with her name on it before we went to do it. She did really well, the sweet little beet. We have to return on Friday to get more drawn because they couldn't draw enough for all the tests today because of her weight.
Question I got today about R while we were there: "Is she adopted, too, or is she yours?" I just said that they are both my girls. I know the nurse didn't mean it like it sounded, but sometimes it is really hard to answer questions like that gracefully.
A few posts ago, I got a few questions about the little doll thingy E is sleeping with. It is from etsy.com, and the seller is "yournest." I love etsy!! My favorite thing is the alchemy feature in which you can put out a request for something you want. For example, I recently did one for satin pillowcases for the girls. (Side note, if you have ET children and don't use satin pillowcases yet-- GO BUY ONE. Right now. We started having R sleep on one-- a king sized one will fit across a crib mattress pretty well-- when she was about 9 months old, and it is amazing how much a difference it makes! We brought one to ET, and E slept on it every time she was napping or down for the night-- except for the pic in the post below because that was her first nap with us, and I did not think of it until that first evening with her. Anyway, I digress.) I was tired of only being able to find white and off white satin pillowcases so I did a request on etsy and am getting great custom ones with the the girls' initials on them... and for a great price! Etsy is addicting; I'll warn you now!
Another question I got was if our agency's transitional home had moved before we went to ET. We were actually the last travel group to stay at The Union and to meet our children at the old HH. Many of the children were already at the new HH on our "gotcha" day, and everyone moved on the Wed. we were there.
I loved meeting my E where we met R. I loved going back... However, traveling the same week they were moving meant that A didn't want families hanging around HH too much so we did not get to spend as much time there as we had hoped. That was disappointing for both A and me.
We did get to go the the new HH on the last day of our trip, and it amazing!! I cannot say enough good things about the new place.
Ok, I hope I answered all the questions you asked. If not, feel free to post the question again, and I'll get back to you.
More about our trip and how we're doing... coming soon!

8 comments:
Molly - your girls are darling! And to see little E smile is so great!!!!
Thanks for your encouragement about Zuri's crying jags.....helpful for me to hear from a seasoned momma.
Can't wait to hear more about how all is going with you guys.
love,
melissa
LOVE the photo! SO cute! They are so beautiful but you already know I think that. I too am bummed we did not get to spend much time with the kids at HH because of the move. That was disappointing. But I am glad we saw the original. :) I will check out Etsy.
Beautiful girls! I hope someday all four of our girls can play together!
Tell me more about the satin pillowcase??
Sarah
We are in the midst of adopting and this is the first I have heard about the satin pillowcase...can you tell me why it makes such a big difference?
Thanks!
they are beautiful. it's so interesting to me to see so many kids from the same country with such different shades of skin color. but i guess it's the same way here :) both kids are adorable and look like best friends and sisters already!
Thanks! Questions answered, and I always love to see the pictures, sweet, sweet sisters!
Of course you're not biased they are the cutest! :)
I love the room. You guys did a great job on it!
You girls are beautiful! I have so enjoyed reading your blog. My husband and I are currently on the waiting list for our Ethiopian princess with AGCI. It is so helpful to read all of the personal stories. Thank you.
Post a Comment