Photobucket

Friday, January 8, 2010

It's been one week...

... since we got home!

And what a week it has been.


Here are some changes in my sweet baby since we came home:

1. She is not rejecting me anymore.

2. She is eating like a beast.

3. She never stops moving. (Although still WAY more calm than R.)

4. She can pick up cheerios and puffs and get them in her mouth successfully.

5. She gets angry and throws her head back if she doesn't get her way.

6. She is obsessed with her big sister's hair.

7. She is only waking up once a night.

8. She smiles and giggles.

I fell in love with her yesterday. Does that sound weird? Probably not if you're an adoptive parent. It was strange for me, as with R, I was completely in love with her from the first moment I held her in my arms. R and I connected instantly.

This time, though, was different.

Last night was a beautiful moment. I was feeding her a bottle. She stopped drinking it, looked up right into my eyes, smiled at me, and giggled. She was comfortable in my arms... comfortable and happy. And suddenly, I realized I love her. Wholly, completely, forever.

She is mine and I am hers.

5 comments:

Ron & Maria said...

sweet! I love this moment in your life... rather, lives... Peace to your continued bonding!
Maria

Arena Mom said...

Oh that is beautiful! I do know what you mean. So glad the week is going well!

milreb said...

Yeah E! She had a plan for mama all along. :)

mama becca said...

I LOVE it when the "fall in love" moment happens. amazing miracle!
so glad your first week has gone great :).

the andersens said...

oh Molly!!! love love love reading this post! We've thought of you guys often....

Melissa