It actually sounds like sort of a pretty word. A town on the Italian Riviera perhaps. Or a fancy coffee drink.
But no. It's a crappy word (pun intended). And I'm tired of it already. Yes, we're the lucky ones with an Ethiopian child who came home with giardia.
Do you know who I just got off the phone with? The public health department!! Like my baby is going to infect everyone with this horrific disease that will wipe out the population of our city or something! At least that is how the lady on the phone made me feel.
Yesterday, the baby went through 5 outfits!!
And we have to give her nasty, horrible-tasting medicine 3 times a day. Now that is a great way to bond with your new child. Hold her down and force her to take nasty medicine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Oh boy. When we brought the boys home, they BOTH had giardia, and it was horrible. Remember, they were a lot bigger, so it was twice the horror, TIMES TEN. haha.
Hopefully you can kick it in the butt (also pun intended) quicker than we did! :) Sorry you have to deal with the nastiness.
Awww, I'm so sorry. My mother tested + for that when I was a kid so I had to go through the medicine and to this day I can still remember the taste. They had NO idea where she got. Anyway, I hope your sweet baby feels better soon :)
Best wishes,
Kara
Poor baby E! And poor momma M. It will get better. Every time you change an outfit, just remind yourself of that.
awww...that totally sucks! most of us moms have been through the whole stomach virus puking and pooping thing. but giardia is, like, 10 times worse. poor baby. can't wait to see pictures though. when everyone is recovered of course.
The international adoption doc told us almost every kid from ET comes home with G. Should not be a surprise to public health! Sorry for the yuck. :(
My dog had it once - drinking dirty pond water - that was the last time I let him kiss me on the face.... Hope your little one feels better soon!
Maria
so sad!! sweet baby girl, praying that you feel better soon!!!
hang in there Molly. I can't imagine how hard this week has been. hope it clears up soon and you can really start to bond with your girl. praying for you guys!
Emily V
oh yuck - no fun!! hope it goes away SOON!!
Molly, haha- we were also in room 305!!!! How awesome to share that space with you, just one trip apart!!
Sorry about your sweet girl- hope she gets to feeling better asap. Mekele came home with RSV, but he is definitely on the up and up!!
Post a Comment