Photobucket

Monday, January 25, 2010

Ethiopia Trip: Day 4: Evening

Monday, December 28, 2009, 8:10pm

(See below for an earlier in the day entry about the embassy appointment! 2 posts in one day again although it says Jan. 21 because that is when I started it!)

T is asleep. Starting to learn some of her cries. I know now her "I'm hungry!!" and "I'm tired!!" cries. She is just soooo sweet and precious. Tonight she freaked out a little bit and really wanted A to put her to sleep right around 7pm. She was out in about 3 minutes and has mostly been sleeping peacefully. I am hoping tonight goes as well as last night did.

Tomorrow is our shopping day. A and I just went through our list of what to buy and got that all organized. T will go to HH for the day as A and I both want to do the shopping. I'm sure when we pick her up after it, it will be a little difficult, but she'll be ok. And it will be the last time the special mothers will see her so I think it will be good for them to be able to say good bye.

HH is completely moving on Wed., so this will be our last chance to say good bye to our daughters' ET home. Weird to think about, really, but I know the move is necessary. I am hoping to spend a little more time when B tomorrow, too, so I am about to report back to S. And, mostly, just to be with her, the sweet little baby, would be lovely, although she was very shy when we met her the first time Sunday. (Was that really only yesterday?)

I'm so tired tonight. Getting up at 6am to be ready for the emb. appt. was rough. A and I both napped while T did this afternoon, but now I am thinking it is time for bed again.

4 comments:

titushome said...

Love hearing a little more about your trip! Also love the pic of T with her daddy! So cute! She is just gorgeous!!!

Sarah

natali said...

I'm loving the journal pieces bit by bit. And by the way, that is one beautiful little girl! Her skin is SO pretty!

milreb said...

Hey E! It's fun to read about what was going on behind the scenes in the Jones family. When families would disappear you wondered if they were ok. :)

mama becca said...

she is so, so, so, so so so so so adorable :).