Some people are so ignorant. I have a friend whose cousin recently brought his Haitian son home. This past weekend, they had an open house for the family to meet the new son.
Some of the family was talking about the child's birthfamily. One remarked that the boy was so handsome that his birthfather must have been white.
Umm, what?
Seriously?
What kind of ignorant comment is that?
People drive me crazy. There are so many underlying issues with this comment that I don't even know where to begin, so I just won't even try.
All I can say is that I'm glad my friend's cousin lives in Korea (teaches English there) so his son will not have to be around this family much at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, wow...
I know some people like that too. All we can do is pray that their eyes will be opened to reality and love.
The people I know once made a comment about two different beauty pagents. Just pure ignorance.
We've heard variations of this comment already from people looking at her picture. It makes me want to scream "WHY WOULD THAT EVEN MATTER?!"
that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard.
Natali, you are exactly right.
Jamey, after we got our referral for R, I was showing off her pictures to a friend at a scrapbooking event. Her sister, who doesn't really know me, asked to see the pictures... I said sure and handed her the little album. She took one look, gasped, and asked if my husband was "dark." I said, "No, my husband is white... Why do you ask?"
J-momma, umm, yeah. I thought so, too. Nuff said. :)
Post a Comment