I’m super nervous about court tomorrow—tonight, really, while we “sleep” or whatever. I don’t know that I’ll sleep much. I’m just hoping we know before the weekend whether E is “our” girl or not. If she appearing in court, her birthmother is Addis already, and it is getting close to morning. What must she be thinking? Is she scared? Does she regret this decision? Will she respond to the questions we included with the album? Does our letter give her comfort or worry? Will she stop at HH to see T one more time and say good bye? Is there anyone with her for her to lean on? I hope she is not alone.
Will we pass court?
I've gotta say that this part of the adoption process is way more stressful this time than it was with R. Mainly because we know when court is this time. The first time, I slept in blissful ignorance while R's birthmother appeared in court, our paperwork was approved, and we passed on the first try. That was a Friday, and on Monday, my husband surprised me at work with the amazing news.
This time, I've been a ball of stress for 2 weeks since the date was assigned. I'm glad we know when it is, but it is way more stressful.
By tomorrow when we wake up, our fate will be decided. I'm praying for passage and for strength to endure the additional wait when we don't. (I cannot allow myself to feel confident about this.)
I just downed an entire bag of M&Ms without tasting it. Stressed much? Um, yeah.
Please, if you're the praying kind, please say a prayer for us, for our sweet daughter, for her birthmother, and for my friends S and D whose court date is also tonight while we sleep.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Praying you pass AND hear the results soon. We all need some GOOD news this week. Hope you can get some rest tonight.
Can't wait to see your good news post tomorrow!!!
My thoughts are with you and her birthmother...hang in there.
Praying for you tonight. Heather is right on. Let's have some good news. Let that be you!
praying!
praying for good news!
thank you so much for your words of wisdom and insight you left on my blog today. I'm treasuring your words in my heart. I needed to hear those more than you will ever know!
Post a Comment