Photobucket

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Five Days

I have 5 days of work to get through before we go to get E. After that, I have nearly a week until we leave on Friday, Dec. 25!

Sooo, that's more than a little surreal to me. It's insane. After all this time, we are so close to bringing our girl home, and I can't really believe it is actually happening.

I'm starting to worry about R and how she'll do when we're in Ethiopia. I love that little princess so much, and it is going to be so hard to be away from her for the week. Ok, so maybe I'm worried about how I'm going to do when we're away from her!!

I worry, too, about the changes that are going to happen very soon for our family. I cannot wait to bring the baby home, but at the same time, of course that means everything is going to be different.

Change is hard for A, too, especially. He does not do well with change, and this is no exception. I know he loves the baby and is just as excited as I am to bring our sweet little beet home. However, like I've mentioned, A is on the Asperger's spectrum, and that means difficulty with change!

But we'll get through it, and before we know it, we will be on a plane to Ethiopia!

1 comment:

titushome said...

I can't believe it is getting so close!!! So exciting!! It does seem surreal that in just a matter of days you will be holding our girls. Wow.

Praying everything will go smoothly with packing, getting ready, etc....and so wishing that our states were just a little closer together so I could help!!

:)

Sarah