Photobucket

Monday, December 14, 2009

Really?

Yesterday we went to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas before they leave to visit my brother next week and we go to Ethiopia.

On the way home, R was hungry and wanted a "nack" as she calls it. I had dried cranberries (pink raisins to her-- "rais, pinnnk, peese Mom") so I handed her the baggie as we were driving down the interstate. It was dark so I couldn't see her very well, and I kept talking to her to make sure she wasn't choking or anything.

About 10 minutes from home, she started sneezing really hard. I said, "are you ok, baby?" and she said, "yeeaahh." The sneezing stopped, and she fell asleep.

When we arrived home, I opened the van door, and to my horror, sticking 1/2 way out of child's nose was a cranberry! She was fast asleep, so I pried the cranberry out of my sleeping child's nose. I looked down at the two cranberries on her shirt. They, too, had been up my child's nose, as they were covered in snot!

No wonder she was sneezing so hard.

This morning when she woke up we had a talk about how we do not stick things up our noses.
(And, yes, I do realize I should have taken a picture.)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Reminds me of the time Taylor stuck peas up her nose at that age. I pulled two out of each nostril and didn't see more. later, she was rubbing at it, I looked and saw more up there! I got the tweezers and pulled two or three more out of each side!

titushome said...

Poor R!! She's so precious!

:)

Sarah

Kara said...

Dillon did the same thing with Skittles! We were in the car, it was dark and he was laughing that "laugh" that we know usually means something "bad". Sure enough he had stuck them up his nose. They came right out though. We had to have that same "talk".
Have a safe trip to get your sweet baby girl! Can't wait to see pictures.
Happy Holidays,
Kara