I have no idea how we prepared for our trip to bring R home with my working the entire week before, as well as having 2 baby showers and parent-teacher conferences! We would have never made it this time around.
However, A and I have both been off this week and working like crazy to prepare ourselves, our 2-year-old, and our baby's room before we leave on Friday.
This is not without some help from our friends and family. Thank god for them. Yesterday A's friend J came and helped him paint for a good portion of the day. This evening, J called at 5pm and asked if we could use some more help tonight or tomorrow... He and his wife came and helped us for a couple more hours! J, A, and I worked on the room while J's wife played with R the entire time.
And earlier in the day, A's mom came and watched R for us while I went to the dentist and A ran errands. She is coming tomorrow, too, but just to bring us the valance for the baby's window.
I'm loving how the room is turning out. I plan to try to post a few pictures tomorrow if time allows. If not, that'll have to wait until we get home, and then who knows when I'll have time.
I went to the store tonight at 9:3o or so to get some last minute things for the trip and milk, diapers, and wipes for R.
So yeah, tomorrow is Christmas Eve. Which is also Leave for Ethiopia Eve.
I'm exhausted and going to bed.
Good night.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like we are living parallel lives! We are also painting, hanging valances, shopping at Babies R Us, and working really hard on Ethiopia Eve to be ready! And you have R! We just have the cats. :)
merry CHRISTmas eve and Leave for Ethiopia eve!
Praying for you tonight! Have a wonderful trip. You've got a great group going too!!!!!
Audrey
Post a Comment