I mean, duh, right? Who doesn't?
One of my mom's best friends, K, was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1999. Since then, it has been an on-off battle, with tumors appearing and disappearing and chemo and radiation...
Those of you who have cancer or have had loved ones who did/do know the routine.
This fall, K's cancer returned with a vengeance. She went from taking an amazing job opportunity in DC and moving away to returning home for more treatments, more fighting.
But this time is different. K's condition has rapidly worsened. She's in the hospital right now and has been since Monday. I don't really know how much fight she has left.
Mom's been dealing with it through avoidance and trying not to think about it. I mean, she's over at K's all the time and is always doing what she can for her. But my mom doesn't do well with things that are hard or, well, horrible and awful.
If/when K dies, it's going to be horrific.
I freaking hate cancer.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, I'm so sorry. That is so horrible. I hate cancer, too.
Right there with ya. It's an awful thing. Praying for all involved.
it sucks!
I'm right there with you - hate it!
praying for a miracle! A SERIOUS MIRACLE!
Maria
I hate cancer too!! God bless your mom and we are going to believe for God to heal K!!
Kim
Post a Comment