Photobucket

Saturday, March 14, 2009

YOU Should Sponsor a Child in Ethiopia

That's right-- you. Think about it. We are sponsoring a 13 year old boy for $34 a month. That's really nothing.

I saw his face today for the first time in the email I received. If that doesn't put life in perspective, I don't know what does. This reminds me of what my focus should be-- the long term goal of making a difference in the birth country of my daughter and future daughter.

All that stuff I was complaining about yesterday, well that just simply doesn't matter.

Not one iota.

Isn't it amazing how something comes along to remind you of what should be your focus when you get caught up in the little things? Life is so much bigger than my "bad" week.

Oh, if you're interesting in learning more about sponsoring a child (and I really hope you do), check out her blog. She'll get you the details.

No comments: