What do they look like, I wonder? Of course, she's Ethiopian, so they will be beautiful. Will she have long curly lashes like her sister does? Will I find myself lost in them while I gaze at her picture like I did the first time around?
Her hair? Her toes? Her little hands? Her smile? Will she smile when we meet for the first time like R did? How does one endure the waiting? How will I feel? Will I love her instantly like I did R? Will she know I'm her mama?
Oh, suddenly, with this talk of nearing the end of paperwork and getting on the waiting list, this baby girl o' mine is starting to feel real. Not just some abstract, up-in-the-air, far away concept, but a real little girl. MY real little girl. My second real little girl.
Faith, hope, love. That's all I have right now, and for now, that must be enough.
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment