Photobucket

Friday, March 13, 2009

Long Week

It's been one (obviously-- see post below).

Things have been trying at school lately with the push right at the end of our 3rd quarter, which was today. The students on my team have been majorly slacking, and that is getting tedious.

Tomorrow I'll be judging/coaching the regional writing competition. I'll be fine once I get there, but I hate having to give up my Saturday, my precious time, with my daughter for a school activity. I think this will be my last year coaching this group. And Sunday I have to help a friend get her paperwork for her national board certification packed and ready to go.

R has been sick all week. She has a horrible cough and runny nose. Poor little fry. She is recovering, and luckily, she's slept through the night the past few nights. She's been exhausted the past couple evenings, and that has been a challenge. Does anyone have any advice for getting a 16 month old to stop hitting when she's frustrated?

Ok, enough complaining. Sorry about that.

The bright side...

It's Friday! YAY.

We have gotten a ton accomplished for our homestudy and dossier documents. Actually, we're nearly finished with them. To my surprise, we are flying through this process this time. It's so much easier the second time around. We sent our I-600A to our local CIS today so we hope to get a fingerprint appointment soon!! We are lucky in our state that we can submit this form before the homestudy is completed and submitted with it. So we can get the fingerprints done (maybe) before the homestudy is completed.

So here is what's left to do:
1. Homestudy-- visit a week and a half away, and then the second 2 and a half weeks away. It'll take our social worker about 2 weeks to complete it and get it to our agency's home office from that.


2. Finish the agency required adoption training (which, by the way, we didn't have to do last time and is tedious!).

3. Fire inspection for our homestudy. We actually have to have the fire department come and inspect our house. So weird, but last time it was no big deal.

4. Get our Power of Attorney document state certified.

5. Get our recommendation letters from a couple of my friends.

6. Select some pictures for our dossier and homestudy.

7. Make some copies of tax forms, insurance cards, etc.

8. Get A's employment letter from his work.

9. Complete the financial statements for the dossier and homestudy. We need to wait until we get A's letter so that all our numbers match up.

Ok, so really, that's not that much. It's all good. I'm going to bed since I have to get up early for the writing competition tomorrow.

I'll post some pictures soon. Sorry this post is super long and sort of whiney.

No comments: