Adoption #2 that is!
This weekend involves a lot of frantic cleaning and organizing before our social worker comes to do our homestudy this week and next. As I've mentioned before, I'm not the most organized, and I detest cleaning with a white hot burning passion. So the mad dash to prepare for the home inspection begins! :) We'll get through it. Anyway, our visit is on Wednesday and then the following one. Our social worker is sort of helping us "fast track" the paperwork. The policy now for our agency is that you have to wait until all background checks and paperwork are completed before the social worker will schedule a visit. As she's worked with us before and knows how eager we are to get on the waiting list (and AHEAD of those 65 families who are currently working on their paperwork-- sorry if you're one of them and reading this but we do want to get ahead of them before the waiting list balloons again) she allowed us to not have to wait. It'll still be about a month before our homestudy is finalized and ready to go to our agency... That's fine. We still need to do a few things for our dossier that we won't be able to do until my spring break in a couple weeks anyway.
So, we've officially decided that we will adopt an infant again. Lots of reasons for that, but mainly, it is because I just had this continually unsettled feeling about an older child and I just could not "see" it. It just wasn't a reality for me, and so we feel we need to act on that. And I'm at peace with that. Ironic, as when we decided to start again, we were convinced an older child would be the newest member of our family.
Currently we're waiting for our fingerprint appointment with CIS. We live in a state that allows families to make and have an appointment before the homestudy documents are submitted. That's really nice and speeds up the process immensely. (While cleaning/sorting today, I found our first FDL from our adoption of R. Still gives me chills to look at that piece of paper!)
Two other things before I go to bed:
1. My friend V is pregnant! They were planning to wait until their younger daughter was a bit older (she's 3), but that is not to be! I'm excited because she's due in Nov., and hopefully that means our children will be close in age.
2. Finally got to see Twilight tonight. I will say that I did like the book better than the movie, but I enjoyed it. And my, oh my Edward is dreamy and creepy at the same time. Bottom line, I would watch the movie again, but I'd rather read the book again instead. (Maybe in the summer when I have a little more "free" time.)
Ok, good night! Pictures soon, when I get around to uploading new ones onto my computer.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
yeah, i did buy the DVD. but after watching the movie again, i had to go back and read the first book. the movie left a bad taste in my mouth for the characters. i think the actress who played Bella was so lame. she almost put me to sleep delivering her lines. and while the Edward actor is hot, he didn't capture the character the way the book described. it was a disappointment but i can see how people who didn't read the book would really like it. my husband even watched it with me but he thought the dialogue sucked. i hope the next movie with a new director is much better. the story has such potential.
Post a Comment