Photobucket

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Scary Noise-- Revealed!

Every once and a while, R will wake up screaming and run down the hall as fast as she can to our room. She's completely terrified. She always says she hears a noise. Each time, I can find nothing that is the source of the noise and have chalked it up to having a nightmare or something.

Last night we were doing the typical bedtime routine of my staying in her room with her for 2 songs. (We play music for the girls until we go to bed. I try to limit it to 2 songs, but usually she can get me to stay for 3. Anyway, I digress...) The baby monitor/night light made a "feedback" sound, not once but twice while I was in the room. It's never done that before while I was in the room, and the second time, I asked her if that was the sound she hears sometimes in the middle of the night.

The look on her face told me it was. As much as my little girl's face can go white, it did. Poor baby! It is a freaky sound, and I can imagine that if one is two years old and hears it in the night that it would be really scary.

5 comments:

titushome said...

Oh, poor little Rose!! That would be a scary sound to wake up to in the middle of the night! I'm glad it did it while you were in the room so you could figure out what it was - is there anything you can do to make it not happen??

Sarah

Ron & Maria said...

Glad you revealed the culprit..... now what to do so you can stop the feedback?
Maria

Melissa said...

Ours does that sometimes too. Not the one in her room, but the one on our end. Moving it to a different location in the room helps. Maybe try that.

Meg said...

sent you some pics!

Sharon @ Texas to Ethiopia said...

My dad and I always had a contest about who could scare who. One night when I was about 14 years old I went to bed....about an hour later I woke up with monster noises coming out from under my bed. Dad had taken a blank cassette tape and made ooga booga noises on the end of it then set it to play on a tape recorder under my bed. I woke up laughing! Now I hate to try to scare him because I think I'm going to make him have a heart attack. :) :)