Anyway, my husband recently brought this book home for R. He said, "I bought a book for R today, and it is uncanny." What a weird way to describe a children's book, right? At least that's what I thought. Until I looked it.
Umm, did they model this book off my child without my knowing it? Impossible, as it is has been out since 2002 or 2003... But it sure does look like my "big" girl, and it even has a page with a drawing of two sweet babies that looks like it could have been taking place in my living room.
Anyway, it is hard to find picture books with black children as main characters. If you don't have this one already you should go out and get it. It's one of R's favorites right now and not just because the main character looks so much like her!
What books do you have that you think are great for you, your children, or both?

2 comments:
This has been one of our favorite books for years!! Mayna just loves it! I just love Spike Lee. Yes, it does indeed look like her!
i have that book! love it! and yes, they do ironically look like your kids. lol.
Post a Comment