I've adopted two children internationally, and although life isn't always sunshine and roses, that doesn't mean it hasn't been successful.
My two girls, R and E, are the light of my life. We have been so blessed by their being added to our family. I cannot imagine our lives without them.
I have thought a lot about this situation with the child sent back to Russia. I don't know the specifics of the circumstances that caused the family to "return" him to Russia. Regardless of what they were, it is heart breaking. And now I see that Russia has closed their doors to Americans adopting from their country. I hate that the completely wrong actions of one family are responsible for this.
Today I read that bloggers are supposed to post about their adoptions. I adore my daughters, adore their birth country, and adore being an adoptive momma.
I'm here tonight to say to whoever is reading this, international adoption works. It works for our family and countless others.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Great post. I missed the memo but am enjoying reading everyone else's posts about how awesome and miraculous adoption is. I hope people who have doubts after all the recent negative publicity will stumble upon them and see how it does indeed work and how it changes lives for the better.
Wow. I haven't heard about this story, but I'm really confused. I wasn't aware that you could "return" an adopted child any more than I can "return" by bio children! Was the adoption final? If so, than isn't it too late for that? I would think they would have to turn the child over to American foster care just like anyone else who didn't "want" their child. Unbelievable, sad, and insane! How old was the child? Poor thing!
Post a Comment