Photobucket

Friday, April 17, 2009

Update on the Adoption

***UPDATE AS OF 2:48pm BELOW***


We found out yesterday that there was some confusion between our social worker and the person who reviews the homestudies for our agency. The reviewer also is responsible for reviewing our Eyes Wide Open workbook. She sent an email on Tues. evening saying she'd finally gotten to it and it was fine. I emailed her on Wed. telling her thank you but really looking for a reason to ask about our homestudy.

The reply from her yesterday stated that she had sent the homestudy back to our social worker for review on Monday... However, I had received an email from the social worker Tuesday stating she hadn't heard from her on it.

So, I immediately emailed the social worker and in a matter of 1/2 hour, it was straightened out last night. Thank goodness! I'm so glad I'm rather impatient and just emailed the reviewer! This means our homestudy is ready to go.... Except for the (stupid) child abuse check from the State. (Hey! Guess what! A and I don't abuse children!!)

So in the scheme of things, this delay really means nothing because we still would be waiting on that check. (Did you know that in our ENTIRE state, there is only ONE little old lady who does these checks?!?!?!?)

But the dossier is ready to be sent to the agency and we're ready to be placed on that waiting list. Please pray that our dossier is "perfect" like our last one was and that we don't have to make any changes!!

UPDATE: I JUST got an email from our social worker. It said, "M, deep breaths..." So I knew THAT wasn't good news. Our child abuse check will not be completed until the week of April 27th. Keep in mind that we requested this check in Feb. It was the first thing our social worker did after we signed our contracts. I just want to cry.

2 comments:

thehensleyclan said...

We are waiting on our checks too...6 weeks and counting! Tick Tock Tick Tock! AHHHHHH. We'll have ours turned in once that paper is here. Good luck!

A.H. said...

Hi...do you have a list of the medical tests done by AGCI? My pediatrician wants to see and I can't find my list anywhere.