
(The above picture is our last glimpse of Ethiopia, taken right before we walked into the Bole airport in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on our way home with our new baby girl.)
It happens about once a month or so that my heart breaks all over again for R's beautiful birth country. This month, that day is today.
It weighs so heavily on me, Ethiopia... Those of you who read this blog know this is nothing new. I've spent the last 1/2 hour or so looking at pictures from our time there. Ethiopia is such a beautiful place but the poverty and suffering of its people! I can't even describe it, and tonight, I can't bear it either.
I recently had a conversation with a friend of mine about germs on shopping carts. I told her that if she'd seen where R lived the first 3 weeks of her life, she'd understand why that just isn't something I worry about. I think that is what started this month's downward spiral into missing Ethiopia and longing to do SOMETHING to make a difference. I feel so helpless, though.
I think of R's birthmother and those beautiful children we met at the Ethiopian orphanages (and on the streets). And everything else. To say it is overwhelming is an understatement.
That's all for tonight.
Sleep tight.

1 comment:
I'm sorry :(
Post a Comment