Photobucket

Friday, April 10, 2009

State Certification-- DONE!

Got the POA document state certified today. Involved going to our state's capitol, which is a little over an hour from our house.

Afterwards, we went to an ancient Egypt exhibit at a local museum. That was great fun, but I would strongly recommend not bringing your 17-month-old baby! (Have I ever mentioned my family's love of all things ancient Egyptian? It is passed down from my grandfather who was stationed in Egypt during WWII. Long story for another post.)

Now we're just waiting for the homestudy to be approved so we can get on that infamous waiting list! :)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Woohoo!! One more thing to cross off the list!

Melissa said...

Yay! How long do you think until the homestudy is approved?

The Gresham Clan said...

That is AWESOME! I'm SOOOO excited for you guys. I'm sorry I've been so bad about emailing you back - so crazy lately. I'm going to get it done this week!!!

Thank you for all of your encouragement and support - it means more than you can imagine. You're AMAZING!! Talk soon...

K

PS Could R get any more gorgeous?! Geesh - she is just beautiful.

A&W said...

We are mailing our POA off today, so I had to leave a comment! I just found your blog today, and am excited b/c Ethiopian adoption made you a parent for the 1st time, as will ours for us! What agency are you with? I'm looking forward to following your blog!

Whitney