Photobucket

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Anxious

I don't know why, but I've been feeling some pretty extreme stress lately... about the dossier and the adoption in general. I have no real reason to feel this way. The dossier seems fine. Anything that needs to be changed or corrected can be done pretty easily. We've done this before, and I don't feel there are any mistakes.

But the anxiety is still there.

Here are my thoughts:
1. Are we supposed to be adopting again right now? Yes, I feel we are.
2. Is there something going on with my child's birthmother? I felt some things the last time around that proved to be pretty accurate so maybe.
3. The boy list is now to zero, I think, from my detective work. Is our child supposed to be a boy? I really picture 2 little girls... I don't know.
4. Does it have anything to do with our original plan of adopting an older child? I don't feel like that is it because I feel a lot of peace about that decision.
5. ???????

Will you please pray for our adoption?

1 comment:

A.H. said...

I'm an anxious person. I wake up each morning to check blogs...numbers...etc... I think it just keeps my mind busy. I try to remind myself that every step (whether faster or slower than I anticipated) happens for a reason and gets us to our child...the intended child for us. I think I have become more anxious in this process because we rushed and rushed in the beginning to get things done and always had "adoption" on our "to do" list. Then, all of the sudden we just WAIT. It is emotional. I did see that the boys list is 5, as of last night...and another family were put on the girl list at 26. Just keep following your heart with gender. We had a hard time picking boy...almost like we were playing God or something. But, we then decided that God guided us to do so. Best Wishes!