Dear Y,
(Y is R's birthmother.) Today we had a such a fun day with R. We went to a friend's daughter's soccer game, played outside, and took R to an outdoor mall with a fountain kids can play in. We dressed in a beautiful bright turquoise swimming suit and a little hat. She was a little afraid of the fountain but loved playing near it and being around other little kids. However, yesterday she went down a "big kids" slide all by herself, laughing and smiling the whole way down!
I want to tell you that R is amazing, bright-eyed, and beautiful. She is my greatest joy, my most treasured gift. Thank you for allowing us to be her parents. I know it must have been such a hard decision to choose adoption for your firstborn child. However, I want you to know that there is a not a day (an hour really) that goes by that I do not think of you and the great honor we have been given in raising our beautiful miracle of a child.
Please know that R is the happiest of children and has the most amazing spirit. She is so brave, just as her birthmother is. She is a beautiful, shining example of all that is right in the world. She is precious and adventurous.
These words are not enough, but they are all I have: thank you.
Love,
M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OK, this post made me WEEP. I am a mess right now! Thank you for writing this...
WOW.
Post a Comment