My friend V once said to me that she thought sometimes she took her kids for granted because she didn't have to struggle and wait and worry to bring them home. She has 2 bio children and one on the way. She said that in our situation, adoption makes a person appreciate having kids more because of what we have to do in order to bring our children home.
I've been anxious this week about our second adoption. These changes to the process, although everyone at our agency is assuring me that things will work out, freak me out and totally worry me. Is that my apprehension from a few weeks ago? When I was feeling overwhelmed with anxiety? I don't know. Maybe.
It's weird because I have this double perspective. I started reading others' blogs before we got our referral and remember the longing I felt to have my daughter home when I read ones about children who were home. Now I'm reading those blogs again, and maybe some of you think of mine in that way. On the other hand, I have this feeling of being part of that crowd who's going through paperwork and waiting... all that stuff that makes me crazy.
The bottom line is that the changes will add a few months to our wait, before or after(or both) we get our referral. We brought R home at 3 months, and that is not going to happen with this second adoption. On the other hand, R is everything I prayed for and more, and I have to remember that our second daughter will be, too! All this wait is just His way of bringing OUR daughter to us.
And, if you're someone who doubts God (for a while, a struggle I had), for me, adoption cured that. I know R was put on this earth to be my daughter, and I, her momma...
May I always remember the struggles and blessings that come from adoption.
May I always thank God daily for the blessings of my children.
May I never take them for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi and thanks for your post to our blog! It is some comfort to know there are others who can relate to the frustrating moments. I am excited to know that we are in similar stages of the process with AGCI. How long did your background checks take to come back? Right now, those are the only things standing between us and a number! Your daughter is beautiful!
Post a Comment