Photobucket

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Seriously??

Today a parent of one my students actually asked me to lie to her son. She said to me, "If he asks if you talked to me, just put your hand behind your back, cross your fingers, lie, and say you didn't."

Ok, well, first of all: I don't lie.

Second of all: What kind of parent asks a teacher to lie to a student?

I didn't agree to that, of course. It just gets me thinking about what type of people we are raising our children to be. When did it become ok, acceptable, even expected that lying is ok if it will make things easier?

What the heck? Am I missing something here?

2 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

HOORAY for 30 - that's awesome that you're moving up!!

Crazy about the lying thing... hard to understand.

Hope all is well! Give R a big hug for us :)!

A.H. said...

HI...just wondering if you have gotten your May newsletter from AGCI. I wasn't on the listserv last month and they sent it to me later. I am not sure I've been added this month.