My second one of being a momma.
Remembering how sweet and lovely the first one was with my little tiny baby girl with pretty curls (she was 6 months then-- check out these cutie momma and baby pictures!)... I cannot even explain in words how much I love this child, this perfect-for-my-family person, MY darling daughter.



Looking ahead to next year's, hoping that my second baby daughter is home with us. Loving her from afar and starting to feel the ache that comes from longing to hold your child even though you've never seen her face.
What will this year bring? With the changes put in place by Ethiopian government in regards to abandonment cases, I feel this year will bring waiting. Lots of waiting.
A testing of my patience.
And, I hope, a new, little member of my family.
To all of you who have become mothers this year, I hope today is the sweetest of days.
To those of you who are waiting to be moms this year, I hope that next year at this time you will be celebrating the day with your children.

2 comments:
Wow, I can't even believe how much she's changed in the past year! Look how chubby her little face was - I don't remember that! Remember even when she first came home, we thought she had the face of a three-year-old? But now, looking at those pictures, she really did look like a little baby compared to how she looks now! How sweet.
Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment