I've been reading some other blogs of people who are waiting to travel. It seems that the Ethiopian government has added another step to the process after the referral, and it is going to add a lot of time to the wait.
I know from personal experience that having a child in Ethiopia while you are home waiting desperately to hold her is the most painful of experiences. I am tearing up right now just thinking of how miserable I was while waiting for R and knowing that other families are going to have to wait even longer to hold their precious children.
Yes, I know... All those blogs I read keep saying, "God's timing is perfect." That may be so, but waiting to hold your child is almost too hard to bear. It is really hard to have faith in that when your heart is longing for your child.
With that said, I'm also living proof that once you are home with your child, all that waiting, heartbreak, and pain melts away.
I promise.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well said!! I can't wait to get our referral and hold my daughter some day...We tried our first Ethiopian food the other day...it was an experience!! Just found your blog...your daughter is adorable, kristi
Post a Comment