Photobucket

Saturday, October 4, 2008

5/10 Years

Today is our 5th wedding anniversary and the 10th anniversary of the day we officially started dating. A few thoughts:

1. I think if you would have told me that A and I would get married when we first started dating, I may not have believed you. We lived 3 hours away from one another (I was away at college and he lived at home and commuted to a local one). I was pretty young, and I wasn't looking for a serious relationship at all, especially a long distance one. A, on the other hand, would probably have told you he did know I would one day be his wife.

2. I am the luckiest girl in the world. A loves me wholly, unconditionally, and completely, just as I do him.

3. If you would have told us on our wedding day 5 years ago that we would one day travel to Ethiopia to bring home our adopted daughter, we both would have laughed in your face! At that point, A had never even ridden on a plane!

4. Although it has been 10 years, we still tell each other multiple times a day that we love each other, still hold hands, and are more in love now than ever.

5. Our daughter has changed our relationship and our family forever, and we can't imagine it any other way.

For many years of our relationship, A did not like change. It took him a while to decide to ask me to marry him and even longer to decide that he, too, wanted to have a child. However, when I said to him out of the blue one day in spring 2007, "Let's adopt a baby," he didn't even hesitate. He told me tonight that he "had faith in us" when he said, "Ok, let's do it!"

And, so, darling husband of mine, I thank God for you, am so proud to be your wife, and will love you forever.

Thanks for having faith in me and in us.

Love you,
Your Wife

2 comments:

The Gresham Clan said...

What an awesome tribute to your awesome hubby. Congrats on 5 years!!

K

PS - I always sign my love letters "your wife" too :)!

Melissa said...

Happy anniversary! You guys sure have come a long way from laughing during your first kiss!