It was a cold February day 8 months ago today, probably pretty typical for most of you. For my little family, however, it was a new beginning as a family.
(My princess, in her homeland about 2 days after we became a family.)
After the months of deciding to adopt, waiting, applying to an agency ,waiting paperwork, waiting, referral, waiting, travel date, waiting... You get the idea. We were finally united with our daughter. The excitement of meeting R overshadowed the reality of what would happen once we came home.
I stepped off the plane on US soil with my Ethiopian daughter not knowing what would happen next. I was so happy to be home but so scared of what it would be like to BE HOME with our daughter.
Today, a mere 8 months later, I cannot imagine my life without my itty bitty baby girl. Although she is getting so big and is almost one year old, it hard for me to believe sometimes that it has actually already been 8 months. My, how time flies!
My darling child is the absolutely most amazing gift I have ever been given. It is hard NOT to believe in a God and His power when I look in R's eyes, knowing that although we do not share DNA, she was meant to be my daughter just as fully as if I had carried her for 9 months.
And today, we stop to remember that day 8 months ago when we came home. Although my baby kept me up from 11:15pm to 4:30am last night, my worst day with her is better than my best day without her.
(My sweet baby girl now at almost a year old.)


1 comment:
Happy 8 months home! Adoption is such a blessing, both for the child and for the family. God bless your family throughout the next months and years home with your adorable baby girl!
Sarah
ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com
Post a Comment