
Yesterday, was R's readoption day! We are so excited that now she in the eyes of the US what she has been to us since the first picture we saw of her-- wholly and completely our daughter!
It was a simple and easy process for us to readopt her. Basically, we had to go to the probate court in our county, fill out and file some paperwork, get a court date, and show up to answer some questions about us, R, our adoption process, our time in Ethiopia, and our plans for our daughter's future. We will now be able to receive a USA birth certificate and our adoption is final and complete forever.
One question the judge asked that made me teary-eyed was, "Why this baby?" Well, look at her. She was meant to be our daughter from the moment she was conceived. We were meant to be her parents. God placed adoption in our hearts knowing full well that this baby girl, my baby girl, was supposed to be in our family. I look at her and know without a doubt that she was the answer to my prayer of becoming a mother.
The irony is that we started this adoption process one year ago yesterday-- so it was an appropriate day to end our adoption journey (for now anyway!). Now the journey of just being a family forever can officially begin... and what a joyous journey it is!
(In reference to my last post, I know that if T is meant to be in our famiy, he will be... and if not, I am ready to accept that because I know God has another child out there meant to be R's brother or sister. She is not meant to be an only child, and we will adopt again. Although I have sadness in my heart because T most likely is not coming home to us, I am joyful that he will have the family he is meant to be with.)

1 comment:
she looks absolutely adorable in that outfit!
Post a Comment