Photobucket

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Major Bummer... But Happy for T

Well, it is official. T has a family, not us, though. I am just... really... sad about it. I am glad for him that there is a family out there for him, but I am sad it is not us. We just really thought he was supposed to be our son.

Don't get me wrong-- I have an amazing family, the best husband, a miracle of a daughter. I just wanted to have this boy to be my son so much. We had already begun planning his room, what we'd do for school, how we would start to plan for his college in a few years. I know we totally got ahead of ourselves, but we just really thought that this was what we were supposed to be doing.

I know that often, as with our first adoption, we can't always see the where we will end up.

So, tonight, although I am heartbroken, I know that our child(ren) is (are) waiting for us across the ocean in Ethiopia... and just like with R, someday we will journey to one another.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm truly sorry about T. I know how much you wanted this. I'll call when I can; things are not well around here.

Blog Shmog said...

So sorry about this. :(
Joy