Photobucket

Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Father's Day

Before R came home, each holiday without her, I would think to myself, "This is the last one without my baby!" and wonder what the following year's holiday would be like with her there. Now, we are enjoying celebrating all the firsts with a child. Today was the first Father's Day.

Wow, what an awesome dad A is to our daughter! It is so amazing to see him grow into this new role. He loved our daughter the moment he saw her picture for the first time just like I did, but for him, I know becoming a parent was very scary. He is embracing being R's daddy, from changing diapers to singing to her to playing with her on the floor... He is learning day by day what it means to be responsible for this baby girl of ours.

So, honey, happy first Father's Day. When we met 10 years ago (this month!) who would have thought we'd fall in love, get married, and adopt this perfect little daughter from Ethiopia? I'm so glad you are on this journey with me!

2 comments:

Blog Shmog said...

beautiful little girl! thanks for your comment.
joy

The Gresham Clan said...

What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful husband. Sorry I still haven't emailed - I'm horrible these days! My goal is tomorrow - I so want to hear how you're doing!! Talk soon friend!!

Kristin