Today R is 7 months old! My how time flies. I look at her sometimes and remark to my husband, A, "is this really the same itty bitty baby we brought home from Ethiopia in Feb?" She is growing and developing so much. She used to be so cuddly, and now she is all over the floor scooting around and constantly moving! Not that she isn't still so sweet and lovable-- just in different ways. :)
A remarked today that she has been home with us for more time than she was living without us at this point. I think that is pretty amazing, and it makes me glad that we have passed that mark.
Today, as I celebrate my child's 7 months on this earth, I wonder what her birthmother is doing and if she is thinking of her firstborn who she gave to A and me to raise, love, and take care of in a way she couldn't. I tell R all the time that "Y" loves her-- that's why she allowed R to come home to her daddy and me, but my heart breaks for this woman who selflessly gave up her child so that I could be a mother.
(PS-- Today is also my birthday! Time for a new driver's license!)
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment