Photobucket

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Barf and a Trip to the Dentist

That's what today entailed for me. I guess, if you want to be fussy about it, the barf was in the middle of the night, but still.

I experienced my first real "kid barf" in the wee hours of the morning (R has never had the flu). E was up most of the night crying her head off and tossing and turning. Some in her crib, some in bed with us.

Finally, at 4:15am, she'd had enough and got sick all over herself, our bed, and me. It was everywhere, and I'll spare you the rest of the details. A and I gave her a bath, and she and I finally passed out around 6am for a few hours.

R has been complaining that her teeth have been hurting for a couple weeks now. The other day, I noticed that her gum was bleeding when I brushed her teeth. This morning, her gums were looking red and swollen.

So, with a fussy, tired baby on my lap, I finally found a dentist in my area who takes my insurance. (A and I go where I've gone my whole life, which is 45 minutes away. I want the girls' doctors, etc., to be closer to where we live now.)

Turns out, of course, there's nothing wrong with R's month. Just getting more teeth in. But, my big girl baby did awesome! She sat in the big chair with Beary and did everything they told her to do. She didn't seem to be scared, and we now have an appointment for her first cleaning in mid-August. Hopefully next trip goes just as smoothly! I did take a picture with my phone, but I can't get pictures from my phone to my computer right now! Trust me, it's darling.

So, that's my day... and now the baby is crying again so I am off to go get her. Poor little thing.

2 comments:

Sparkz said...

Glad it was nothing major! We haven't had the "real barf" yet. I have been lucky so far. Sounds like you handled it well?!

Anonymous said...

oh I despise barf! it is one of the hardest things for me as a mommy. i feel very bad for my kid, but i also am so disgusted with it that i have a hard time wanting to be the hands on caregiver. I hope it passes quickly!!