Above, she works hard opening and closing the snaps. "Mom, made that!" she would say with each one. "That's great, baby!" I'd reply.
Above I am trying to get her to stay still and smile for the camera. Ignore the yogurt on her face, please.
Again, playing with the snaps. Which, by the way, do any of you use the snaps? I tried them, and they literally were all falling off so I just went with the beads and rubber bands. I don't know what I was doing wrong.
Above, here's the back! For this first time attempting beads, I didn't worry at all about the parts on the braids. I know it would probably look better if the parts were cleaner, but I also knew that'd take me forever. Next time, I'm going to divide the hair into four sections with clean parts and work from there. Eventually, I'll attempt box braids and beads. However, neither R nor I really have the patience for the length of time that takes me or for how still she has to sit. I will also use more beads next time and figured out how to make the ends look a little cleaner when I was almost finished. Look how long her hair is!
All in all, she LOVES her hair this way, and I'm happy with it, too. The whole process took about 3 hours, but that is with having dinner (well she ate while I worked) and taking some breaks. This morning, I sort of put it up for her dance class, and she wears pig tails for bed time. I also have a satin cap (on top of the pillowcase I already use-- overkill maybe, but oh well) that I will make her wear when it arrives in the mail.I broke the beader on the second or third braid, so I had A go try to find one at a place near my house. They didn't have them, and they sent him to another place... He ended up going to 4 different stores without success and came home with a crochet hook. It worked, although it was awkward. I think it is crap that it is so hard to find beaders in stores!
Looking forward to trying different styles over the new 2 months before I have to go back to work!

6 comments:
R's hair is so soooooOO cute!! you did a great job & i like it just the way it is (with the uneven parts) :D
What a cute 'do on your super-cute little R!
The only way I've ever been able to get those snaps to stay in (with my older girls) is to snap them to the ponyholder or rubber band instead of to their hair (so that the band is in the fold of the snap), so more decorative than functional.
She looks great! Glad you were able to get the picts to post!!
Beautiful! Nice job!
She looks so beautiful in her beads and braids! Congrats on a job well done!
Very cute! I am so impressed with your braiding skills- Rose looks completely adorable and so pleased with her new do!
maggie
Post a Comment