Photobucket

Saturday, June 12, 2010

31

Today's my birthday.

I'm feeling pretty neutral about the whole thing.

This morning, we went to a street fair in a quirky little town about 25 minutes away from ours. We always go, and I was looking forward to it. A and I strapped the girls into their carriers and set off.

And it poured. We weren't there very long, but at least we were able to get R a balloon (E's came off her wrist and floated away).

We came home, and R had a major meltdown before taking a much-needed nap. Good lord, I know the twos are terrible, but this is bad. And very hard. She challenges everything. We're both very stubborn. Yes, I'm the adult, but sometimes there are things she must do or not do, sometimes simply for her own safety. As much as I love being home with the girls, this is one part about summer that I dread.

While the girls napped, I went to the store and picked out exactly what I wanted for dinner. Pasta in a sauce from a local Italian place (used to go all the time pre-children!), some salad, a lovely loaf of bread, a peach pie, and a bottle of wine.

A cooked it all for us, and it was lovely.

A then took the girls to the store to "get some diet Coke." I stayed home and read a book (The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner). I knew he'd come back with something for me, and he did. A card the girls "signed." Very cute. The Eclipse soundtrack. And R told me he got my favorite chocolate, too, but that will have to wait.

Now, R keeps coming downstairs and will not stay in her bed. A is up there with her.

I just finished my second glass of wine and am now going to return to my book after I go up and kiss the princess goodnight-- again.

8 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Happy Birthday!!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a pretty good day! Enjoy your chocolate!

Missy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Glad it was a good one!!!

milreb said...

Happy Birthday!!

Meg said...

Sam is from the near Wolayta zone of the SNNPR region. We were told he was part of a very small minority group from a very rural, secluded village. When we met his birthmother she looked like no one else we had seen in ET, and was shunned by the other birthmothers at the meeting.
I do agree they look very similar! Both CUTIES!

J-momma said...

did we already know we have the same birthday? i can't remember. but i turned 29 on the 12th. funny. and mateo turned 4 on june 9th. just did a post about it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! So glad it was a good day!

mama becca said...

hey there lady... i missed your b'day... so... happy birthday! a week late! :).
i forgot we're the exact same age, i just turned 31... and still have zits AND getting wrinkles... sigh... :) but we're wiser now, right?!?!
happy 31st!
becca