Ok y'all, we went to the party.
It was lovely.
You were right. No one cared what I wore or what my hair looked like. At least as far as I could tell. A behaved himself, and the girls were darling. L and M (the parents) were happy to see us and doted on the girls. I loved seeing their little one and catching up with them as much as one can at a party. They are such a neat family. Their house was indeed outta our league, and they had valet parking. However, those two things were the only ways in which I felt inadequate, and I feel like that's pretty good considering how very anxious I was about attending.
We have tentative plans to meet them for dinner at an ET restaurant sometime soon.
And, after all, they are two people with whom we have a unique bond. We met our daughters at the same time, in the same place. So, in that way, they are a part of our adoptive family.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I am so glad that you had a great time! :)
proud of you! and I'm jealous I don't live closer to some of the people on our trip. It really is a special bond we have to one another. I promise to call you guys if we ever travel up your way! :)
EV
Hey girl!! First....so late on reading up on everyone so belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Mine is on the 4th of June....so we're birthday buddies! :-)
And R's hair is
A-DOR-A-BLE!!!! Nice job mama....seriously!
I'm glad you had a good time with L & M. They were so nice in ET and it is a special thing to be so close to them now. I wish we lived closer to some of our group. Someday will have to do a reunion retreat or something.
Love ya!
Melissa
I'm so glad you went. Proud of you for facing your anxiety and happy you had a good time. Wish we ALL lived closer to each other. I think a reunion would be a blast!
Isn't it a great feeeling and exciting bond to spend time with 'Your Families". A four hour drive to visit with the his friend from Et is nothing anymore! Congrats.
Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only person who got all worked up about going to visit someone whose house was way nicer than mine! :) You could come over here sometime and have nothing to worry about! It won't even be clean...
Post a Comment