Well, it is time to start seriously learning how to do R's hair so she looks more like a typical AA child.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE her hair in a little curly fro.
But, if you look at a group of little AA 2 year olds, mine stands out.
I mean, more than she already does with white parents.
So, I need to start. And when I talked to her about getting beads in her hair like another little girl at our ET families get together today, her little eyes lit up. She wanted me to do it "RIGHT NOOOOOOWWWW Mom!"
Also, E's hair is going to require braiding more than R's does so I need to learn how to do braided styles well before E's hair is long enough.
Now that I'm off work for the summer, I will have the time to devote to learning to do styles and experimenting. Hopefully I can learn before summer ends and be able to do it more efficiently by the time I go back to work.
Any website and/or book suggestions? Or tips? I've done some braiding and all that, but I've never tried beads.
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Can't wait to see what you figure out!! R is going to look ADORABLE with beads!!! :) Not that she doesn't look adorable already. You have lots of adorableness going on over there with R and E!!
Sarah
I think they're just on that ET formula. I had one family tell me they just used Enfamil and did ok. I'm going to bring some of both that and soy I think.
A really great website for children styles is www.beadsbraidsandbeyond.blogspot.com
Post a Comment