Photobucket

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Update by Numbers

1. No luck finding passports. Will apply for new ones this coming week.

2. Husband is currently making a steak marinade from a bunch of onion, garlic, cooking wine, and other various items he purchased at the store tonight.

3. Currently stuffed from too much Ethiopian food. Yummy!

4. No progress on the in-laws situation, really. Thanks to those who commented. It is just really nice to hear from people outside the situation. A did talk to his mother the other day, and things are still pretty "chaotic" as she puts it.

5. Heart still breaking for orphans, but am trying to act on it. Currently have 6 bumbo seats being shipped to my house to take with us when we travel and am working on getting other donations from other places. At least I am not feeling so helpless. Crying in the school library while I post to my blog is not helpful. Emailing companies and asking for donations of baby seats, formula, diapers, wipes, and shoes is. Choosing to focus on what I can currently change.

6. 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

7. No new numbers yet. I talked to our case manager on Wed. (unrelated to numbers), and she said we'll get them via email this coming week. You'll know my number shortly after I do!

1 comment:

milreb said...

I'm bummed my guess for your call was wrong. :( But I am looking forward to hearing your new number! May the anticipation of the call help ease some of the more trying things going on in life at the moment.