A, R, and I went to my alma mater to visit my sweet cousin, C, for the night. We arrived yesterday afternoon and got back this evening. It was, ironically, homecoming weekend, so it was very crowded. We hadn't planned specifically for homecoming. Just this weekend in Oct., we always have Friday off.
We were lucky to get a hotel room when I bothered to check online for hotels... Everything was sold out, my first clue that perhaps it was a special-event weekend. I played dumb and called the hotel we usually use. And we were in luck because they had a last-minute cancellation!
It is always nice to visit C, and I love returning to a place I spent 4 years of my life. We did some of my favorites and visited some of my favorite places. She's living in the same apartment/condo complex I lived in my junior year. Weird, as my unit--904-- was right across from hers, and we used to spend a lot of time in her building at our friends' place.
And most importantly, I got to have a burrito from my favorite Uptown street vendor! I brought a couple home to enjoy in the winter as well as a few for my friend M.
Overall, it was a great way to distract me yesterday from the suspense of my post below. And I won't even mention how terrible two-y my child has been the past 2 days...
Go Bobcats!
Saturday, October 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a fun weekend, and how fun it is being TAGGED! See my blog for details. :)
Post a Comment