Ok, first, please keep my mom's friend K in your prayers. She has been battling cancer for years, had a PET scan this week, and the results were bad. She is undergoing chemo, well, right as I type these words actually. K is an amazing person and wonderful friend to my mom. She was Teacher of the Year for my state a while back... My mom is a wreck, understandably. The prognosis is not good...
Second, ET culture camp is this weekend! I have been part of the planning committee, and we've been planning since Dec... I'm hoping all goes well!
Third, R said her second "sentence" this afternoon at my mom's house. "R, do you want to get out of your highchair?" "No!" she says... Mom asked why, and she said, "Because SQUEEZE!!" (My mom allows her to squeeze water out of the rag/paper towel/whatever she's using to clean her up onto the tray.) So my child can say "because squeeze" clearly but can't say "up."
Fourth, the family ahead of us on the waiting list got their Sept. numbers phone call yesterday from our agency. I'm hoping we get ours today so I can post our Sept. official number later today!!
Fifth, I'm getting a blog makeover from Nikki (Blogs for a Cause) at: http://www.madebynikki.blogspot.com/! She is doing a special fundraising effort this month, and now is the time to make some changes to the old blog anyway! I'm excited about it, and I hope you all like it, too. It is going to be fun to have something different! And her work is always so pretty on others' blogs, so I'm sure my blog is also going to look fabulous when it is completed.
So I guess this post is a mix of good and bad. Pictures of R soon... I just recently uploaded 446 from my camera onto my laptop (which is literally out of memory now so I don't know what to do!) so I will actually have summer pictures to share soon...
Please take care this weekend and hug your loved ones.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I swear I thought I've heard her say "Up," to A many times when he's told her to. Maybe I'm wrong.
She says "Uuuuu" with no "p" sound.
Post a Comment