Just got a beautiful email from my aunt who is currently in Egypt. I would love to copy and paste it onto this blog, but I don't feel like I should do that. She leaves tomorrow to return home, and my uncle is staying alone (with a guide and guard) for a few more days.
They have had an absolutely amazing time. How to even describe it? I can't. No words.
I cannot wait to see their pictures and hear their stories.
I cannot wait until I, too, set foot on Egyptian soil. Someday!
One really cool thing is that one of their tour guides is the grandson of a man who was my grandfather's guide in 1946. My uncle brought my grandad's guide book with him, a guide book that was written by this man and signed by him. Somehow, their main tour guide was able to track down the grandson. I just find that so unreal and amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! That is awesome and amazing!
Post a Comment